Disclaimer: Many of the links below are affiliate links and are provided so you can locate the books quickly and easily. Feel free to order a book! But I also highly encourage you to utilize the library or shopping at a local bookstore. Happy reading!
From left to right: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriaty – Confess by Colleen Hoover – Burying Water by K.A. Tucker – Uncovering Love by Kacey Shea – Chasing Impossible by Katy McGarry – At The Water’s Edge by Sara Gruen – One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker *all book cover photos from Goodreads*
Ooooh Colleen Hoover, you’ve done it again. Confess was AMAZING. Why do I love her books so much? I read this entire book in less than a 36 hour time frame – I still don’t know how I did it..her writing is just that addicting (I already pre-ordered her next book November 9! The whole book was fabulous, but I really loved how she wrapped up the end of this story! If you read Confess (or even if you didn’t) check out this Instagram account called ConfessYourTruth she created for people to leave anonymous confessions. I’ll warn you now, it’s highly entertaining!
I liked The Husbands Secret so I decided to check out Big Little Lies from the library too. The book took me a bit to get into but I ended up liking it. Through the whole book I was trying to guess who died and who did it! I honestly didn’t see it coming!
A year or so ago I picked up Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker and flew through it, then read two more of the series that the library had available. I promptly forgot about it until I came across Burying Water and the authors name looked familiar, when sure enough I had read some of her books before. I decided to read One Tiny Lie first and I enjoyed it – I had forgotten about so many of the characters from Ten Tiny Breaths so it was fun to see them pop up again in this story. Burying Water turned out to be pretty good. I found it a little predictable (but I think that was the point?) but I was still into the story. I’m sure I’ll be reading the others in the series soon!
Uncovering Love is a novel that happened to be written by the older sister of some friends. When I saw on Instagram that she wrote a book I immediately bought it for my kindle. Honestly it surprised me, I really liked it! I loved the little bits of Arizona restaurant and locations that she threw in there. And I can’t wait to read Kate’s story when that comes out.
I’ve mentioned before on the blog that I like Katy McGarry’s Pushing the Limits series and she finally wrote Abby and Logan’s story, buuut you had to pre-order the first book in her new Thunder Road series in order to get the book. Well it didn’t take much convincing for me. I was surprised that Chasing Impossible was an actual full length book (I guess I assumed it could be short since it was free?) – and it was really good. I liked getting to see more into what made Abby who she is. I am a little sad to say goodbye to the Pushing the Limits series though.
Our Reading Between the Wines book club pick for July was At The Water’s Edge by Sara Gruen. This book was the strangest mix of fantasy and historical fiction. I felt like the historical World War II facts throughout felt forced. In the end I liked the book but it really wasn’t anything special – not at all how I felt about Water for Elephants. My friend Sheena pointed out that is it basically the same story if you just swap the Loch Ness monster for the elephant…I think she might be on to something..
Pages to Popcorn
- First…Have you seen the full length trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2 yet? Here it is:
- I saw Paper Towns the other day. I actually really liked it! I think they did a much better job with this movie than they did with The Fault in Our Stars. And Looking for Alaska is rumored to be next John Green book to hit the screen…
- The Choice by Nicholas Sparks is being made into a movie! It’s already in post –production (according to IMDB) and the release date is set for February of 2016
- Me Before You is set to come out next year summer – I haven’t read this one yet but I liked Jojo Moyes’ other novel One Plus One. So Me before You will be on my list for the next few months!
Bookish Links & Things:
- Right now on Amazon you can get 7 of the Outlander books for only $1.99 (that’s total for 7 books, not per book!). Check it out: http://amzn.to/1SDOYyj
- This Buzzfeed article is full of books and food – two of my very favorite things!
- Book recommendations based on your Astrological sign? Yes Please! I’ve only read one of their suggestions for Aries, perhaps I should read the others..
- Growing up The Princess Bride was one of my favorite movies ( I can still quote a good 80% of the movie) but I read the book in my early teens, so naturally I love this Princess Bride quote necklace:
- This Harry Potter shirt is pretty neat!