Books & Beyond is back after a little hiatus! I can’t help it – I love to talk about all things bookish. Are you on Goodreads? Find me and let’s be friends!
Disclaimer: Many of the links below are affiliate links and are provided so you can locate the books quickly and easily. Feel free to order a book! But I also highly encourage you to utilize the library or shopping at a local bookstore. Happy reading!
Left to right: Landline by Rainbow Rowell – Something Like Normal by Trish Doller – The Good Girl by Mary Kubica – Slammed by Colleen Hoover – Hopeless by Colleen Hoover – Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver – One Plus One by Jojo Moyes – Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover – Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover – Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover – Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover – Fall With Me by J. Lynn – This Girl by Colleen Hoover *all book cover photos from Goodreads*
Whoa..I certainly read a ton of books in May. Almost half of the books I read this year were read in the month of May alone. I guess I was playing catch up? Late night feedings with my little guy have me up and reading in the middle of the night, so my kindle has become my best friend. I won’t go through all of the books I read (cuz we’d be here forever) so I’ll just touch on the highlights.
I did a little lot of binge reading of Colleen Hoover’s books. I read Maybe Someday last year and told myself I needed to read more of her books. Well once I started I just couldn’t stop! They are good – the crazy addicting and easy to read kind of good. I suggest starting with Hopeless – it’s only $2.99 on kindle right now.
I between my COHO binging I finally got around to reading Rainbow Rowell’s newest book, Landline. It was cute, but nothing to go nuts over like how I felt about Fangirl (Or Eleanor & Park or Attachments…). And I also picked up Lauren Oliver’s new book, Vanishing Girls. It was pretty good and kept me on my toes (although I felt it was a tad bit predictable) – I think I still like Before I Fall best out of all her books. The Good Girl was something I picked on a whim when I saw it on numerous peoples feed on Goodreads, once I got into it I just wanted to know how it all came together!
On The Fence by Kasie West
Pages to Popcorn
- Did you hear? Paper Towns by John Green is going to be a movie! Check out the trailer here – I think it looks like it’ll be a pretty good take on the book, what do you think?
- If you happened to notice above, I have been binge reading pretty much everything by Colleen Hoover…she just shared this trailer for an Ugly Love movie. It’s not in production yet, but I’m excited none the less. Although this trailer makes it look a little like 50 Shades meets Nicholas Sparks movie haha
- For those of you who are fans of Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments, they are making it into a series on ABC Family. Now if only they could get on the bandwagon and make something with her Infernal Devices series!
Bookish Links & Things:
- My friend Katie put together her list of books she wants to read this summer – check it out here on her blog if you’re looking for some book recommendations! That girl has good taste, lots of those are on my to-read list too!
- I could talk for days about how much I loved Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series, so I snagged one of these t-shirts with one of my favorite quotes by Will in The Clockwork Princess – “Life is a book, and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read”
- I am obsessed with these book quote prints! My friend Jenn got me this one for my birthday and I can’t help but want this If I Stay one and the Clockwork Princess one. But I could probably pick out like 10 more that I love too..
- These Litograph book tee’s – they have shirts for many of the classics and text from the books are printed onto the shirt. They are all handmade too – I’m totally loving the Great Gatsby one and the Wizard of Oz one.
- I got this adorable onesie from Zulily a couple weeks ago to my little guy. I just can’t even handle the cuteness!