So things have been a little quiet around here (okay maybe the correct term may be silent?) but it’s all for a good reason…
I’m beyond excited to share that Lance and I are expecting a baby in February 2015!
Since this is our first baby, I wasn’t quite sure exactly what to expect with the pregnancy. Let’s just say the first few months were a bit rocky. Not much time was spent in the kitchen (read: practically zero) along with with aversions to all food and some crazy exhaustion. I have to say, for someone who lives for food – not wanting anything to do with it is a hard change to get used to, not to mention it makes being a food blogger quite difficult! And as a pretty active person, the lack of energy (plus daily naps) was a little hard to get used to as well. After the first trimester things settled down a bit and got closer to normal – so now that I’m back in the swing of things, I am ready to get back to the blog. What can I say, I missed you guys!
With that said, you’re probably going to start seeing some changes in the type of content I’ll be sharing – No it won’t be all baby, all the time. But here’s an idea of what you can expect:
- Since recipe creation and testing takes up a big chunk of time, you’ll be seeing less recipes being shared
- In the coming months you’ll see less seasonal recipes than years past
- My beloved cocktail recipes will be on hold for the time being – which also means Drink & Dish is taking a small break as well
- I’ll be sharing my 30 before 30 kitchen journey – many of which will include recipes from other sources versus my original recipes
- My monthly reads in my “Books & Beyond” posts and updates on my life in general in my “Living & Loving” posts will be back
- You’ll start seeing some more travel related posts on the blog – many of which will be “throw back” posts from trips taken in the last year or so that never got blogged
- I may or may not be sharing updates about my pregnancy/baby. I haven’t decided for sure yet, but these would probably be monthly (I’ll probably set up a special section on the blog for all those posts)
I am so very excited to start this new journey and I’m looking forward to all the changes to come!