These bold and spicy burgers are loaded with all your favorite buffalo wing ingredients and topped off with a little spicy ranch!
Is it just me or does Memorial Day feel like the unofficial start of summer? I swear on Sunday our weather was nice (as in not too hot), then BAM today it’s hella hot out. Seriously Phoenix, what gives? Honestly I’m a little surprised it’s held out this long. I can’t complain though, I really love summer. I love grilling, lake time, pool parties, summer cocktails, beach reading, summer blockbusters – you name it!
When it comes to summer grilling, burgers are our go-to. They are easy to make and you can do so many fun flavors. I recently discovered mini hamburger buns at my local grocery store. They were just so darn cute, I knew I had to create a slider recipe.
Generally I’m a pretty big fan of buffalo flavored things (say hello to this fabulous homemade buffalo chicken pizza) so it was a no brainer throw these flavors into a burger. The burgers themselves are packed with so many scrumptious things – spicy buffalo sauce, tangy bleu cheese, crunchy celery.. you get the picture. Then we top them with a spicy buffalo ranch and that makes these puppies shine. Because ranch is the king of all sauces, duh. You could also use the leftover buffalo ranch (IF there is any left) to dip celery in. If that’s not a reason to eat more celery, I don’t know what is.
I’ve made this with both chicken and turkey, but I really like using ground chicken here best. You get more of a punch of flavor when you use chicken. Also these guys don’t have to be made into sliders (even though they make adorable mini burgers) they taste just as fabulous as regular size burgers.
And if you despise bleu cheese you can totally omit it – but in my personal opinion, I would recommend leaving it in. It has a much milder flavor when it’s cooked into the burgers.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 Tbsp parsley, minced
- ¼ cup hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot)
- 8 slider buns or 4 regular buns
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- 1 tsp parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot)
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl combine ground chicken, celery, garlic, blue cheese, 1 Tbsp parsley, ¼ cup hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot), salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined. Form turkey into 8 patties for sliders or 4 patties for regular size burgers, about 1 inch thick. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- To make buffalo ranch, in a small bowl combine ranch dressing, 1 Tbsp hot sauce and 1 tsp parsley. Whisk together until ingredients are well combined.
- Place burgers on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on the first side. Flip burgers and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes on the second side, or until cooked through.
- If desired, brush buns lightly with cooking oil or butter and place cut side down on the grill. Toast for 1 to 2 minutes or until buns are lightly golden and toasted.
- To serve, top burgers with a drizzle of buffalo ranch, add any desired burger toppings like lettuce/tomato/onion.