Fresh raspberries mixed into tart limeade – the perfect beverage for summer!
Pssst…At the end of this post (after the recipe) there is a giveaway for a brand spankin new KitchenAid Stand Mixer – read on to check it out!
This week happens to be the week of my birthday! Yay for birthdays! This will mark my last year in my twenties..womp womp.
I thought it would be fun to spread the birthday love and give you guys a gift. This week I’m doing a few giveaways for some of my favorite things. Since my KitchenAid mixer is one of my top 5 kitchen gadgets – I’d be lost in my kitchen without it – I thought that would be the absolute best place to start.
I teamed up with my friend Anetta (who blogs over at The Wanderlust Kitchen) to giveaway a fabulous KitchenAid Stand Mixer to one of our readers. For real. You’ll find the entry form after the recipe for this killer raspberry limeade.
We are pretty big beverage fans on our house. Lance passionately loves lemonade – and I’d say I love tea just as much (if not more). But sometimes I feel the need to switch it up and make us something fun and different to sip on.
I was first introduced to the idea of the limeade a few years ago by none other than Sonic (classy, eh?). It was love at first sip. Tart limes sweetened up a little – and even more delicious with the addition of fruit.
I love the combination of lime with raspberry and it works wonderfully in this drink – not to mention the beautiful vibrant pink hue. I like to rim the glasses (or in this case, mason jars) with a little lime juice and sugar. It makes sipping on these just that much better!
- ¾ to 1 cup sugar, plus additional to garnish
- 5 cups cold water, divided
- 1 cup raspberries, plus more to garnish
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- Lime slices, to garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While sugar syrup is cooling, place raspberries in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Puree raspberries until smooth. Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- In a large pitcher combine sugar syrup, raspberry puree and lime juice. Stir in remaining 4 cups of cold water.
- To rim glasses in sugar, place 2 tablespoons of sugar in a shallow dish. Slide a lime wedge around the edge of the glass. Gently roll the rim in sugar to coat.
- Pour limeade into prepared glasses filled with ice. Garnish with raspberries and lime slices, if desired.
This giveaway is sponsored and hosted by:
Official rules: This giveaway will open on Monday, April 7th, 2014 at 12:01am EST and close on Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. You must be 18 years of age and reside in the United States to enter. One winner will receive a KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5 qt. Stand Mixer.
KitchenAid is in no way affiliated with this promotion.