Creamy cheesecake ice cream loaded with sweet lemon flavor and swirled with graham cracker crumbs. A scoop of this in a cone is the perfect way to celebrate Spring!
Pssst…At the end of this post (after the recipe) there is a giveaway for a copy of Cinder & Scarlet by Marissa Meyer – read on to check it out!
Today is officially my 29th birthday and I could think of no better way to celebrate than to share this fresh Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream – and by giving away another of my favorite things – books!
If you’ve read my blog for any length of time you probably know that I love books & reading (YA is my weakness). Last year I discovered The Lunar Chronicles series (thanks to Jenn!) and was hooked after the first chapter of Cinder. And back in October I got to meet the author, Marissa Meyer at a book signing (and had a big nerd moment). Needless to say it’s one of my favorite book series and I want to share that with you guys! You can enter below (just below the recipe) for your chance to win a paperback copy of the first two books in the series: Cinder and Scarlet.
Now let’s get back to this wonderful ice cream!
We polished off the batch of this ice cream in just a few short days and I am already itching to make it again. The base of the ice cream starts with cream cheese. And cream cheese happens to be one of my favorite cheeses, I wouldn’t dare eat a bagel without it. Most of the time I have Neufchâtel cheese on hand (I like it a little better than regular cream cheese) so that’s what I used in this recipe.
We blend up the cream cheese with a little sugar, milk and lemon. The lemon zest + juice is what gives this ice cream it’s bright citrus flavor. It wouldn’t be cheesecake without graham cracker, so once it’s frozen you layer it with a little bit of crumbs.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender combine cream cheese, sugar, salt, milk, cream, lemon juice and lemon zest. Puree until mixture is smooth and no clumps of cream cheese remain. Cover and chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours
- Once chilled, freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While removing the ice cream from the ice cream maker to a storage container, alternate layers ice cream and graham cracker crumbs. If desired, place in the freezer until firm, about 4-5 hours.
This giveaway is sponsored by The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie
This giveaway will open on Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 at 12:01am EST and close on Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. You must be 18 years of age and reside in the United States to enter. One (1) winner will receive a paperback copy of Cinder by Marissa Meyer and a paperback copy of Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.
This giveaway is in no way affiliated with MacMillan or Marissa Meyer