This super-moist banana bread is loaded with cinnamon and sweet honey.
I have this thing with bananas – I can’t even begin to force myself to eat them after they have started to get those brown spots on the peel. I can’t really explain it, they just smell too banana-y. Bananas are one of my go-to pre-workout snacks so I almost always have some laying around my kitchen.
I always buy my bananas when they are still green, hoping that will give me enough shelf time to eat them all, before they get those dreaded spots. Sometimes I can get through the whole bunch before they get too ripe – other times I just turn to making them into banana bread.
There comes a time when regular old banana bread just isn’t going to cut it. You just want a little something different. I normally sweeten my banana bread with brown sugar but decided to switch it up and use honey this time – then I majorly amped up the cinnamon. The combination of those two really made this banana bread something fabulous.
Both the cinnamon and honey flavors are prominent and pair with the banana perfectly. As it’s baking you can smell the cinnamon floating through your kitchen. After cutting off that first slice you really get a whiff of the sweet honey.
I also have a little secret for getting the best cinnamon flavor in my baked goods – Vietnamese cinnamon. A while back my sister gave me a little to try and I was hooked. I’ll never buy grocery store cinnamon again, in fact I buy it in 1 lb bags now haha
Lance even declared this his favorite version of banana bread!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (about 3 medium bananas
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325. Lightly grease two 8x4 loaf pans with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together PT1Hmashed bananas, melted butter, eggs, honey, yogurt, and vanilla until well combined. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, using a rubber spatula. Gently fold the mixture together until no more flour remains, taking care not to overmix.
- Divide the batter into prepared pans and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on a wire rack until completely cool.