I have this slight obsession with salted caramel. There is something about that specific combination of sweet buttery caramel with flaky sea salt. It gets me every time.
It doesn’t matter what it is – my homemade caramels, salted caramel ice cream or milkshakes, and now – this salted caramel martini. I love it all. Is anyone else on the salted caramel train??
I wanted this martini to have as much caramel flavor as possible, so I started by rimming the glasses with caramel. But I HAD to add a few sprinkles of fleur de sel along the ridge. Just the edge of the glass alone was pure heaven, but inside there were great things as well.
The shaker gets filled with caramel, butterscotch schnapps and baileys. If you happen to have some of that caramel bailey’s, then that’s even better. I guess I should have warned you that it’s the girliest of girly drinks. But is sure is damn good. I drizzled even more caramel on top of the drink then sprinkled a tiny bit more fleur de sel to finish it off.
For more festive holiday drinks, check out the rest of my 12 Cocktails of Christmas.
- 1 tablespoon caramel, warmed - plus more for drizzling
- Fleur de sel
- 1.5 oz butterscotch schnapps
- 3 oz Baileys Irish cream
- 1.5 oz milk
- Pour about 3 teaspoons of caramel on a small plate. Roll the edges of a martini glass Ii n caramel, then sprinkle caramel with a little bit of fleur de sel. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine remaining teaspoon of caramel, butterscotch schnapps, Bailey’s Irish cream, and milk. Shake until well chilled and combined. Strain into prepared glass.
- Drizzle a small amount of caramel over the top of the drink, then sprinkle with a little fleur de sel.