Ari and I had the privilege of speaking at two conferences in September about creating video content for your blog. We have both learned so much in our journey with Drink & Dish and had lots of fun sharing that with other bloggers who are wanting to take the plunge and start creating video. You can check out our Power Point slides here.
To encourage all you bloggers out there to jump in and give it a try, we put together a fun little video challenge. We are giving away an HD video camera to the winner! Here are all the rules:
- Sign up for a YouTube account and subscribe to the Drink & Dish YouTube Channel.
- Brainstorm a list of at least 5 potential video topics.
- Pick one idea and grab a camera (any camera that can record video!)
- Create a video (3 min or less).
- Edit your video – in some way. This could be cutting out a mistake or even just adding music.
- Post the video to YouTube and share it on your blog. In the post link back to this post about the challenge.
- Send an email to DrinkandDish(at)gmail(dot)com with a link to your blog post featuring the video.
- Complete all this by October 15th!
Ari and I will review all the submissions and evaluate them based on these factors:
- Personality – Let the real you shine through!
- Content – Does you video fit with your blog & enhance it in some way? Does your video have a purpose?
- Quality – Can we see what you’re doing clearly & hear what you’re saying?
We will announce the winners on our blogs after October 15th! All 6 winners will have their videos featured on our blogs, and the following prizes:
- 1st Prize – An 8MB HD Digital Video Camera
- 2nd through 5th place will each receive a clip-on lapel microphone
I can’t wait to see all the fun videos from you guys! If you want someone to bounce ideas off of feel free to shoot me an email or send a tweet!