Is it just me or do Monday’s always feel like the busiest day of the week? I think I just let everything pile up over the weekend and end up stuck with it on Monday… like dishes. Dishes are never fun. Never.
On those Mondays that feel a little nuts I’m always tempted to get take-out, but I always feel better when I resist the urge and just make something quick and easy at home. The go to meal in our house is pizza. It’s one of this things I never get sick of. I’m not really sure how that’s possible, but it is. Pizza in any form is delicious.
I like to keep it interesting and fun with different takes on basic pizza.Which brings me to this Thai Chicken Pizza.
We start with a 5 minute Thai peanut sauce. I wanted to keep it simple, so this doesn’t need to be cooked – just throw all the ingredients in the food processor. Peanut butter is the base of the sauce, with a little honey for the sweetness, sriracha for some heat and a little soy sauce. This sauce would be equally tasty on some noodles or over chicken and rice – lots of yummy options so don’t toss the left overs!
We add lots of fun pizza toppings like carrots, peanuts and cilantro – it makes an impressive pizza without too much work. And when busy weeknights call for a little help, Pillsbury pizza crust and some pre-cooked chicken help get this pizza on the dinner table a little faster. The Pillsbury pizza dough was easy to use and came out tasting great.
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp fresh grated ginger
- Pizza dough
- Thai peanut sauce
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbsp shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp green onions
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- To make Thai peanut sauce, combine peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, garlic and ginger in a food processer. Pulse until smooth and well combined.
- Roll out pizza dough into a large circle and spread an even layer of Thai peanut sauce over the top, leaving a ½ border around the edge. Sprinkle on chicken and cheese to cover peanut sauce. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until pizza is cooked and crust is golden brown.
- To serve: Sprinkle cooked pizza with peanuts, carrots, onions and cilantro.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by General Mills via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills.