Party dips happen to be one of my favorite things ever. For some reason dips are so irresistible to me – I walk in the door an immediately find myself at the chip/dip table shoveling overflowing dip covered chips into my mouth. Forget trying to make conversation with people haha.
Can we instate a mandatory 3 dip minimum to every party menu?
There always seems to be an array of interesting warm dips at parties, but sometimes I find the cold dips lacking in creativity. Don’t get me wrong, I love French Onion Dip as much as the next person, but sometimes I want a little variety. That’s where this deliciousness comes in – it’s basically a loaded baked potato in chip/dip form.
On this episode of Drink & Dish Ari and I swap places – I show you how to make this scrumptious dip and Ari shows you how to make some killer watermelon margaritas!
The base of the dip is a chive and onion cream cheese. It’s like gold my friends. I can’t tell you enough how important this one ingredient is – it is so good. Then we’ve got our go to potato topping: sour cream. Then we load the rest with all sorts of toppings – cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions. Just add potato chips for dipping.
One of the best parts about this dip is that it is really easy to make ahead for a party – and it looks/tastes impressive!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz package chive and onion cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup sliced green onions, divided
- In a medium mixing bowl combine sour cream, cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Beat with a hand mixer until creamy and well mixed. Stir in ¾ cup of cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions - reserving 1 tablespoon on green onion to garnish, if desired.
- Transfer dip into a serving bowl and top with remaining cheddar cheese and green onions. Serve with potato chips. Refrigerate to store and bring to room temp to serve. Dip can be made up to 1 day in advance.