Experimenting in the kitchen is one of my favorite things to do. There are a few dishes that regularly show up in our rotation – which happen to be my very favorite things to play around with. That list includes, but is not limited to: brownies, pizza and burgers. Shocking right? I am sure you guys never would have guessed those…
I love that the basic staples are the same, but you just switch up the flavors. And get this – Lance is totally 100% on board with it. He used to be a little skeptical wondering why I was putting random toppings on his burger. But it only took 1 time of him skipping my recommended sauce and using ketchup instead to win him over. From then on he trusted my fabulous creations.
This chicken Parmesan burger recipe dates waaay back to when I first started this blog and is a big favorite in our house. Every single time I tried to photograph it (with my point and shoot camera, mind you) I hated the pictures and decided just not to post it. I knew this delicious recipe deserved an equally appetizing photo. Well, I never did get around to posting it – so now, here I am 3 years later FINALLY sharing it with all of you!
One of my favorite parts about this recipe is that it’s a great way to use up left over pasta sauce, without actually eating pasta (not that I wouldn’t mind..). And I usually use ground chicken breast so it makes it a little lighter too.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- ¾ cup pasta sauce
- 4 buns
- Lettuce and onion for topping (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl combine ground chicken, garlic, parmesan cheese, panko, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined. Form chicken into 4 patties, about 1 inch thick. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Place burgers on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on the first side. Flip burgers and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes on the second side, or until cooked through. During the last minute of cooking, place 1 slice of cheese on each burger.
- Brush buns lightly with cooking oil or butter and place cut side down on the grill. Toast for 1 to 2 minutes or until buns are lightly golden and toasted.
- Place burger onto the bottom bun and spread pasta sauce over the burger and cover with the other half of the bun. If desired, burgers can be topped with lettuce and onion.
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links and I will earn a very small commission if you purchase through those links. I really appreciate your support to help keep free recipes on this site! Please see my policies page if you would like more information