A couple of weeks ago when we were at Universal Studios I stumbled upon the best popcorn ever. We bought a small size bag and between the group we devoured it. It was perfect spiced with pumpkin pie flavors, then drizzled with white chocolate.
So naturally the first thing I did was to recreate it at home. And man this stuff is good! It’s has a caramel corn type base, but it’s spiked with tons of pumpkin pie spice. Lance says it’s the white chocolate that really makes it.
- 5 quarts of popcorn ( about 1 cup unpopped kernels)
- 1 cup, 2 sticks unsalted butter
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Pop the popcorn and place into two large bowls.
- Preheat the oven to 250° F.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, mix in the corn syrup, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Increase the temperature to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Once the mixture reaches a boil, let the mixture continue to boil for 5 more minutes without stirring. Remove the mixture from the heat, stir in the baking soda and vanilla extract. The mixture will bubble up and become frothy. Pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn in the bowls and toss to coat thoroughly (be careful during this step – the caramel was very hot!)
- Spread the popcorn evenly onto two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to spread caramel mixture evenly over corn. Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Melt white chocolate chips and drizzle over the cooled popcorn. Once chocolate has dried, break apart popcorn and serve.
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links and I will earn a very small commission if you purchase through those links. I really appreciate your support to help keep free recipes on this site! Please see my policies page if you would like more information