This sangria screams autumn in a glass! It’s loaded with pears and honeycrisp apples, plus cloves, cinnamon sticks and brown sugar to give it some fall warmth!
It’s actually starting to get a little chilly here (for us desert folks) and we finally fired up our hot tub. Nothing cures a long stressful week at work better than relaxing in the hot tub with a big glass of this sangria (a wine country half marathon glass is optional though).
Sangria is one of my favorite adult beverages. Its simple enough for relaxing nights at home with the hubby, yet seems fancy schmancy enough for guests too. Not many drinks can transition seamlessly between the two.
And this sangria in particular is a gem. It screams autumn in a glass. It’s loaded with pears and apples correction, honeycrisp apples. The cloves, cinnamon sticks and brown sugar give it some fall warmth. And I like my sangria sorta boozy and bubbly so I mixed in spiced rum and finished it with a little sparkling apple cider.
- 1 (750 mL) bottle dry white wine (like a Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay)
- 8 ounces spiced rum
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 2 pears, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 quarter inch slices of fresh ginger
- 2-3 whole cloves
- 1 (750 mL) bottle sparkling apple cider
- In a large bowl, combine the wine, brown sugar, rum and orange liqueur. Stir in the chopped apples and pears, cinnamon sticks, ginger and cloves. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour in the sparking apple cider. Garnish with additional apple slices.
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links and I will earn a very small commission if you purchase through those links. I really appreciate your support to help keep free recipes on this site! Please see my policies page if you would like more information