Can we take a second to talk about how adorable baby animals are? It doesn’t matter what kind of animal it is, if it’s a baby, it automatically gets the “awww” factor from me.
Last week someone on my facebook had posted a link to this post, which (coincidentally) is full of photos of baby animals doing cute things – like a baby bear with a stuffed bear…
I made the mistake of pulling it up in the morning before leaving for work and after looking at only 2 photos I went to find Lance to share the cuteness with him.
I was completely shocked to find out he didn’t really care to look at adorable baby animals at 6:30 am (whaaat?!?) After he literally walked away from the computer, I of course, followed him into the next room to beg him to look at the baby animals in teacups (yes, IN a teacup!). He basically told me he would look at it quickly, as long as I agreed to stop saying “awww” and “sooo cute” at every single picture. I can’t say I held up my end of the bargain… I seriously could not handle those little ducks floating in a tiny cup of water. So.freaking.adorable.
Anyone else with me on the cuteness of those animals? Maybe just a little?
I just love mini things – especially mini baked goods (or mini chocolate chips!). They are just oh so cute, thus automatically taste better Okay…so maybe that’s a little weird, but humor me a little.
So football season is here which normally means one thing – lots of dips and appetizers! I brought this dip to a fantasy football draft party (my first ever!) and it was a huge hit! I am pretty sure it was the first thing to be completely eaten. I think my friend Ross may have tried to lick the bowl if his wife would have let him
I’d say one of the best parts is that its suuuper easy to throw together and tastes pretty impressive (I see this being really great for the holiday season…). Plus you can dip basically anything in it and it tastes great. I served it with a bunch of different stuff like graham crackers, pretzels, Nilla wafers and animal crackers. But I wouldn’t judge you if you decided to shovel it into your mouth with your fingers. In my world that’s totally normal.
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cups mini chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture starts to bubble. Set aside to cool, and whisk in vanilla.
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar for 60 seconds, until well combined and smooth. Add in salt. With mixer on low speed, slowly pour in brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with additional mini chocolate chips if desired. Serve with fruit, cookies, crackers, pretzels