Peach Simple Syrup

August is National Peach Month!

And it’s not hard to tell that I kinda like peaches – just take one look at the array of peach recipes on my blog (like peach BBQ sauce, peach cinnamon rolls, & peach pie ice cream just to name a few) and you can tell.

But my ultimate favorite peach anything – Peach Iced Tea.

PeachIcedTea3

The addiction started back in my teenage years when Lance and I would frequently dine at the Olive Garden. Their peach iced tea is really delicious.

Peach tea from most places is pretty reliable – cuz really, it’s hard to screw up. But I’m kind of impartial to my homemade version. I can control the level of sweetness based on how much peach simple syrup I add in.

PeachIcedTea2

I love how the syrup comes out this gorgeous pink color – how could you not want to pour that into a beverage?!

I like to make a big batch of sun tea – then pour myself a glass, stir in a tablespoon or so of peach syrup and throw in a couple peach slices, that way I can make it as peachy/sweet as I like by the glass. But you could also pour some of peach syrup right into your batch of tea to make a whole pitcher.

And lets not forget that it can also be used to sweeten summery alcoholic beverages as well!

PeachIcedTea

Peach Simple Syrup

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Serves: 1⅓ cups
Ingredients
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
Instructions
  1. In a medium saucepan, stir together water, sugar and peaches. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let mixture simmer until sugar is completely dissolves. Remove from heat, cover and let steep for 25 minutes.
  2. Strain peaches from syrup mixture and let cool completely before using. Store in the refrigerator.
  3. Mix into iced tea or cocktails for a sweet peach flavor.

Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links and I will earn a very small commission if you purchase through those links. I really appreciate your support to help keep free recipes on this site! Please see my policies page if you would like more information

Comments

1. says

That color is so gorgeous for a syrup! Very girly and very likely I’d make a lot of drinks with it! Speaking of which, I’m having a housewarming party on Saturday and on the menu was peach sangria – this would be the perfect addition to it! Gorgeous drink! Looks super refreshing and a great way to use up peaches :)
    Julie @ Table for Two recently posted..Peach ParfaitsMy Profile

2. Crystal says

I love peach tea! This will be something that I will make and keep on hand. Just one question…..How long does it last in the refrigerator?

3. Glenview Jeff says

Don’t toss the leftover peach pulp! It tastes just like peach preserves and can be used on toast, etc.

4. richellita says

I made this recipe (x’s 10!) & at the end of the 25 mins I used a wand mixer to blend in the peach pulp… Canned it all & can’t wait to try this on pancakes, iced tea, etc!!!

5. says

You are my hero! I just found this through your “you may also enjoy…” widget in the corner of your blog. I too love all things peach but I don’t know if making peach syrup would’ve ever occurred to me. I’ll definitely be adding some of this to my tea this summer..
    Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Investing in March and AprilMy Profile

6. Carlie Davis says

I’m wondering if you have any idea on the “shelf life” of this syrup. I’d love to make a bunch of this while we have peaches in season, but I don’t want it to go bad. I LOVE peach tea and I DOUBLE LOVE to drink it partially frozen! This will save me so much money on Snapple!!!

• says

Hi Carlie! Thanks for stopping by! Generally an infused simple syrup like this would last about 3-4 weeks in the refrigerator (after that it gets a little funky). But you could probably make some extra and try freezing it to see how it holds up to defrosting – or I would just blanch and freeze some peaches to make fresh syrup throughout the year. Hope that helps! Happy peach tea making :)

Trackbacks