Happy National Running Day! You’ll never guess what I registered for to celebrate…
Yikes! I finally took the plunge and registered – I am pretty nervous about it, but its something I’ve been thinking about doing for a few months now Competitor has a special today and all their races are $20 off – so it was a great day to do something a little crazy! Did anyone else do anything fun to celebrate?!?
These pita pizzas are really easy to throw together. I like to make them for a quick lunch for Lance and I. The feta cheese and the other toppings take it from your typical pita and hummus to something even more tasty. I like to use a roasted red pepper hummus when I make them, but I think a roasted garlic hummus would be equally delicious.
I think that these would make a great appetizer or party snack if you slice them before you put on the toppings – or use little mini pitas.
- 4 (6 inch) pitas
- ½ cup hummus
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 medium tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pitas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread hummus onto each piece of pita bread and sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top each pizza with onion, olives, tomato and lettuce.