Here we are again with another month the Foodie Penpal program! I love getting to shop for fun goodies and mail them off to someone – and it’s really fun to get a box in the in the mail from a new friend!
Here are a few details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re unfamiliar with it, here’s what the program is all about:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for June, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by June 4th as pairings will be emailed on June 5th!
So now onto the delicious foodie treats I received! My box was from Kris at From Sugar Cookies to Peterbilts:
Kris stocked my box with some fun stuff for the grill – which is perfect for us with all of the outdoor cooking we like to do in the summer! Lance cant wait to try this BBQ sauce! There was also a few snacky items like the spicy pumpkin seeds, freeze dried apple slices and some granola bars and a Kind bar I love Kind bars!
Such a fun bunch of food items – Thanks so much Kris!