So..the weekend is over. And I swear it went by faster than usual. But good news there’s a 3 day weekend coming up – and a beach trip in my future. So lets hurry this week up so I can go play in the ocean :)
I heard this song during the weekend and I’m diggin it. But really I love anything with Taylor Swift and then you throw a little B.O.B in the mix and they have something pretty awesome.
Completely unrelated to anything, but I want to share this simply because it’s funny:
There are some nights when I can’t seem to decide what to make for dinner, so Mexican food is usually a default for us. It’s easy to make and I almost always have ingredients on hand to whip something up. Even then some of my usual things can get a little boring, so the idea for these black bean tostadas was born.
The black bean puree is easy to make and can easily be tailored to fit your desired level of spiciness. Plus the homemade tostada shells are really delicious! This recipe is also a part of a post I did for Around The Plate, you can check it out here!
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6 in) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil and lay out 4 tortillas. Spray each tortilla lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and chili powder. Bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping over the tortillas halfway through baking.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the black beans with the chili powder, cumin, garlic, jalapenos and olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Heat black bean puree in a small saucepan over medium heat until heated through. Spread ¼ of the warm bean mixture over each tostada. Top with cheese, lettuce and other various toppings.
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links and I will earn a very small commission if you purchase through those links. I really appreciate your support to help keep free recipes on this site! Please see my policies page if you would like more information