These brownies were one of the first creations I made in the kitchen. They were created purely out of necessity. You see, we had just hosted one of our annual Halloween bonfire & bat cave outings and I had a ton of left over s’mores supplies. I didn’t want them to go to waste so I thought up this little gem to help me use them up.
Fast forward a few years later…I am now buying s’mores ingredients just to make these brownies. They are that good.Probably my favorite brownies ever.
These are great to throw together if you are having a bad day or its just one of those weeks..where you crave chocolate something fierce. Actually let me add that these are also great when you are having a good day and an even better week. In fact, they are fabulous pretty much whenever. Like when you’re browsing Victoria’s Secret bikinis online after a long day at work
I personally prefer the regular sized marshmallows in these (it makes them extra gooey), but use whatever you’ve got on hand!
- 1 ½ sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 graham cracker squares
- 4 Hershey’s bars (1.5 oz each)
- 5 oz marshmallows (regular or mini)
- Preheat oven to 350 F°. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla, eggs and sugar until thoroughly combined. Mix in cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Layer graham crackers side by side over the top of the brownie batter until completely covered. Next place a layer of Hershey’s chocolate bars side by side over the graham crackers. Then lay the marshmallows out over the chocolate bars. Pour remaining batter evenly over the marshmallows, spreading with a spatula if necessary.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links and I will earn a very small commission if you purchase through those links. I really appreciate your support to help keep free recipes on this site! Please see my policies page if you would like more information