This was my first month participating in the Foodie Penpals program – put together by the lovely Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean!
I’m sure you’re wondering what exactly is a Foodie Penpal? Well, you get the name/info of a food blogger (and another person gets yours!). Then you shop around and find food related goodies to send to your penpal!
I love sending mail – and getting things in the mail too so I was so excited to try it out. It was so exciting to open up the box and see what my penpal sent!
This month I was sent a box from Carrie who blogs at Lift Eat Repeat. Here’s what was in it:
- Justin’s Peanut Butter (3 flavors) – Mmmm I love their PB
- a hazelnut flavored agave syrup – I love agave syrup but I’ve never tried flavored ones…it was so delicious!
- Udi’s vanilla almond granola
- Blueberry pomegranate trail mix – I can’t wait to try this, I love everything blueberry/pomegranate flavored :)
- 2 Lara bars
- Some girl scout cookies :)
Thank you Carrie for such a wonderful box of goodies :) If you are curious what I sent out, head over to Tiny N Fit to see what Krista got!
Here are some details regarding the Foodie Penpals program in case you are interested in joining the fun for April.
– On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
– You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
– The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
– You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
– Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for April, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by April 4th as pairings will be emailed on April 5th!