Last Monday was my birthday so we went out for dinner on Tuesday with a few friends to celebrate!
We went to Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix. I’ve been wanting to go here for years, but I haven’t been willing to wait the ridiculous times that are typical for the restaurant (1-4 hours). You see Pizzeria Bianco pops up all the time in various magazines and articles about their famous pizzas (sometimes beating out those in Chicago or NY!) so it’s quite popular.
I’m not sure how we managed to swing it but we were able to walk right in and sit down – even with a party of 7 (It was fate)! Crazy cuz this place was tiny…I’m pretty sure it was the size of my living room/kitchen/dining room put together.
My pizza – The Biancoverde
Lance’s pizza – The Sonny Boy
Sheena & Kevins pizza – The Wiseguy
Camille’s pizza – The Margherita with wood roasted mushrooms
Aaand we took a few photos outside the restaurant before we headed back to my place for dessert. A huge thanks to Steve who took all of the wonderful photos throughout the night!
Ari made some delicious brownies just for me since I don’t like cake (Find her recipe here!)
I think it was a good start to my 27th year :)
I don’t know about you, but I am a big fan of the buffalo flavored things that have been popping up all over menus (and blogs!). From time to time when Lance and I go out for pizza, we’ll order a buffalo chicken pizza and they never disappoint. So I decided to try my hand at making my own version at home!
Seriously guys, if you like the sauce then you’ll like this pizza! It’s pretty simple to throw together which makes it nice for a weekday meal – or a lovely Friday night pizza! Shredded chicken gets tossed into the sauce mixture, then spread over pizza crust and topped with cheese and celery. If hot wings and pizza had a baby this would be their love child.
The blue cheese adds a nice zing to the pizza but if you don’t like it, feel free to substitute all mozzarella. Personally I like to dip my wings in ranch dressing so the drizzle on top of the pizza really works for me (or if you’re Lance it helps cut the heat a bit!)
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 large (or 2 small) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced celery
- Ranch dressing for drizzling (optional)
- Set a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat. Add in the hot sauce and brown sugar, stirring until well combined. Mix in the shredded chicken and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Stretch the pizza dough to a 12-inch round and transfer to a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel.
- Spread chicken and remaining sauce over the pizza dough, leaving a half inch border around the edge. Top with mozzarella cheese, blue cheese crumbles, red onion and celery slices. Slide the pizza onto the preheated stone and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the bottom is crisp and the cheese is bubbling. Let pizza cool for 5 minutes before drizzling with ranch and slicing.