Last Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting up with a few of the ladies from the Arizona Bloggers Network!
After doing Pat’s Run we met up at Chompie’s for a well deserved brunch! Stacey ordered this really interesting appetizer – Lovey’s Smoked Salmon Tapas. I of course had to give it a try!
It was my first time ever trying lox – and I actually liked it (although I was quite skeptical!). We chatted the morning away talking about cooking, jobs, running and of course, blogs :) It was great to get together with these wonderful ladies and I am excited for our next meet up!
Now that the weekend is here I thought I would share this yummy burger recipe with you guys!
One of our favorite things to do in our house is to experiment with different kinds of burgers – and this is one of those creations. The goat cheese keeps the burgers nice and moist, while adding lots of flavor from the herbs and the relish adds a nice freshness.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 oz herbed goat cheese
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- ½ English Cucumber, diced
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine turkey, shallot, goat cheese, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix well and form into 4 patties. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- In a small bowl toss together cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss together until well combined and refrigerate for 15 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Grill the burgers directly over medium-high heat, turning once, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- To serve, top each burger with a spoonful of cucumber relish.