Over the weekend I went to see Wicked with my mom and sisters. It’s my absolute favorite musical – I love how upbeat and fun it is! And the music is super catchy, which is always okay by me ;)
Here is a clip of the song “Popular” performed by the original cast (its my favorite scene in the musical!)
The girl who played Glinda in the performance I saw on Sunday was really wonderful, she put on a great show and really played the part perfectly!
I ended up leaving with a t-shirt – I couldn’t resist, it was so darn cute! One of my sisters got a really cute water bottle too, they had lots of fun souvenirs. American Idiot is playing next at Gammage so I’m excited to see that as well :)
I love making things at home that most people never think twice about purchasing at the store. This homemade Irish Cream liqueur (aka – homemade Baileys) fits the bill perfectly.
This tastes strikingly similar to the store-bought stuff, only better. You basically throw all the ingredients into the blender, mix it up, chill it and you’ve got yourself a festive spirit that tastes delicious and makes wonderful gifts. It’s so easy – and once you make it you’ll probably never buy it from the store again!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 ½ cups Irish whiskey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on medium power for 1 minute until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour mixture into bottles or jars with tight fitting lids. Seal and refrigerate before consuming. Makes about 2 ½ pints; keep refrigerated and use within 2 weeks.