Chicken and Herb White Pizza – A cheesy garlicky sauce topped with chicken and fresh herbs!
We have had some really beautiful weather here in Phoenix lately – Right now I’m blogging from a blanket on the grass in my backyard (with a nice cold can of coconut La Croix :)). I’m also trying to decide which one of these shirts I want…this one or this one?
I’m also excited that there’s only a few more weeks till this comes out…
And have you heard this song yet? LOVE. I been listening to it for the past month and I think it’s wonderful (plus I just adore Taylor Swift..). Though I’m curious what part of the movie it will be in!
Okay – enough with the Hunger Games nerdiness..
This pizza recipe is really great because you can easily make it on a weeknight! Just use some store bought crust and some rotisserie chicken, and you’ve got a yummy and healthy(ish) pizza to enjoy in no time.
Homemade pizza is huge in our house. We are big fans of pizza and we love the variety you get when you make it at home. This basic bechamel sauce gets livened up with the addition of garlic and cheese – making it a creamy base for the pizza. Once it’s baked the fresh herbs add just a little more flavor to the pizza.
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Let dough stand at room temperature, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add flour, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white sauce over dough, leaving a ½-inch border. Top with chicken and onion.
- Bake at on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with herbs. Slice and serve.