Okay…so I know this has nothing to do with food – or running (or anything really!) but since Katy Beth so graciously added me to her list, I figured I would give it a shot! I’ve seen this popping up all over various blogs the past week or so and it’s kinda fun.
How it works: Post 11 random things about yourself – then answer the 11 questions asked by the person who tagged you – and create 11 new questions for the people you’ve decided to tag (11 people if you can!). Last but not least, post these rules so others know how to play :)
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I love listening to music with acoustic guitar. There is something about it that just makes me happy.
2. I went through a huge Anime phase in my early high school years – I was slightly obsessed with Sailor Moon and other Japanese shows. I know…laugh away ;) I embrace the nerdiness now – but let’s just say I was a bit of a loser in high school! But thankfully I had Sheena as my nerdy partner in crime :)
3. I worked at a movie theatre for 8 years – Did everything from scooping popcorn, selling tickets and cleaning theatres to management, hiring, inventory, money counting and auditing. Funnest job I’ve ever had and by far the hardest – but I’ve met countless lifelong friends and mentors (Rodi, Chelle, Lorraine, Robin and Rob to name a few) – and of course the love of my life, Lance.
4. I absolutely love to travel. My list of places I would like to visit one day is pretty long, but it’s okay, I have a plan…While I’m young, I intend to travel various places around the world – that are outside the US. Then once I’m old and retire my plan is to purchase a Winnebago/RV and see the US (and of course revisit the places I loved most..)
5. I would love to someday do work with the Peace Corps or work with people in developing nations. Now..if only I could convince Lance to quit his job and move to Uganda with me. A girl can dream right?
6. I used to sneak out of my house at all hours of the night when I was a teenager. Camille was my usual partner in crime…if you came looking for us, you would have found us in one of two places. Walmart or Denny’s (the only places open at 2 am). I always left my mom a note letting her know where I was just in case she woke up and I wasn’t in my bed. However, when I got home I would throw away the note to destroy the evidence that I had actually ever left..
7. I would love to have a family some day. Right now I am happy with just me, Lance and Tink but in a few years, I do want to have kids. We feel like 2 or 3 is probably the right number for us…hopefully twins, one boy and one girl.
8. I am a semi-high maintenance girl. I enjoy the occasional manicure and pedicure, I get my hair dyed and cut at a salon on a regular basis, I enjoy the random trip to the mall, and I love makeup. Lance was fully aware of these commitments before he agreed to marry me ;)
9. I absolutely love summer and everything that it entails. Warm sunny weather, flip flops, swimming, chilling by the pool, beaches, boating at the lake, BBQ’s you name it.
10. I am a person that likes routines. I put my makeup on in the same order, drive the same way to work every day and sit in the same seat in meetings/classes.
11. This one is pretty obvious for those who know me…but I talk a LOT. I will talk to anyone and anywhere. I have no problem with meeting new people, I will just chat away. The weird thing is that I have a huge problem with public speaking, it terrifies me.
Questions From Curlyrunnerbug Moves In:
1. What is your favorite post-race cocktail?
Oooh I would probably have to say a margarita – on the rocks w/ salt!
2. Beach or mountains?
Beach!! This is probably because AZ is land locked, but I love the water :)
3. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
Eeek! Way too many! Haha Without counting I’d say somewhere around 10
4. Winter olympics or summer olympics?
Hmm probably winter – I like the ice skating
5. Your favorite birthday memory as a kid?
In first grade my mom threw me a big party and I got to invite all my friends from my class, it was awesome
6. Roadtrip or plane flight?
Plane! I love road trips, but flying is more exciting since it’s usually somewhere far away (and amazing)
7. The first race you signed up for?
The Bryce Canyon Half Marathon – then a couple weeks later I was crazy and signed up for the Tinker Bell Half
8. Coffee or tea?
Tea all the way! I think I am one of the few people in the world that doesn’t like coffee – but I’ll drink any kind of tea, iced or hot, sweet or unsweetened
9. Your favorite tv show on tv right now?
Tough one, but since Dexter is over this season I’ll probably go with Shameless or Glee
10. Cake or pie?
Definitely PIE! I’m not a fan of cake
11. What was the 1st movie you remember watching as a kid?
The first movie I remember seeing in the theatre as a kid was Roger Rabbit – so random
Questions For The Next Ladies:
1. What is your favorite vacation of all time?
2. What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday?
3. What is the coolest thing you did in the month of January?
4. What is the first blog you ever read?
5. If you could pick a song to be your theme song (that played wherever you go) what would it be?
6. Crushed ice or cubed?
7. Which Disney Princess do you identify with the most (if any)?
8. Do you prefer to plan things or be spontaneous?
9. What is your favorite flower?
10. Do you ever listen to songs on repeat? If so, which was your most resent repeat song?
Now It’s Your Turn…
Ali – Ali Damron
Ari – Ari’s Menu
Brittany – Life of a Bama Girl
Carolyn – Girl Meets Happy
Emily – Emily (In Progress)
Erica – Cajun Runner
Heather – Living it Write
Megan – Pretty Active