This easy Bruschetta appetizer is full of bold flavors – tart cranberries and robust blue cheese make this a new favorite!
I just picked up our tickets for the Tempe Fiesta Bowl Block Party! It’s a great time – they basically shut down Mill Avenue in Tempe and have loads bands lined up to play on numerous stages, which includes the Gin Blossoms this year. Lance was basically sold on this as our New Years activity once I told him they were playing. Aaand the weather looks like it will be decently warm this year which rocks for us since we’ll be outside all night!
I wanted to share this delicious appetizer with you, just in case you’re throwing a fabulous NYE party or attending one and want to bring along a tasty app. This is a pretty easy little dish and it’s a nice change from you’re typical bruschetta. It takes about 20 minutes from start to finish and doesn’t require many steps. The tang of the cranberries and blue cheese really pair nicely with the hint of sweet from the maple syrup.
- 1 sourdough baguette (8 oz.), sliced ¼ in. thick
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled and chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1½ teaspoons prepared horseradish
- ⅔ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Spray bread lightly with olive oil and broil until golden, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté onion with oil until golden. Add apple and syrup; cook 5 minutes. Let cool slightly. Stir in cranberries, horseradish, and cheese. Spoon over toasted bread slices and top with nuts.