The next time you are thinking about mixing things up a little – try this butter! It’s so yummy! And easy! Right before we left on our Labor Day camping trip someone gave us a bunch of sweet corn; I had 9 ears of corn, which was perfect for the trip! While looking through recipes for the trip I came across this butter and knew I had to make it. I used more of the adobo sauce than actual chilies just cuz I didn’t feel like chopping them and it worked wonderfully. We had a little left over after dinner and I think this would be excellent on corn bread or just about any bread.
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup mild-flavored honey, such as clover
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ears fresh corn, in husks
- Heat grill to medium-hot. Combine chipotle chiles, butter, honey, garlic, and salt in a blender and process until smooth.
- Put unhusked corn on grill and cook, turning occasionally, 15 minutes. Husks will blacken. Transfer to a work surface, remove husks, brush ears generously with butter mixture, and return ears to grill. Grill until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Serve warm, with remaining butter.