I don’t know about you but I love to snack and especially on yummy dips like this! I knew that after a long day out on the lake that everyone would be starving so I made this as an appetizer while we prepped and cooked dinner. It was very easy to make this dish camping friendly by using a disposable pan and throwing it on the grill.
This version is perfectly creamy and cheesey, and really hard to resist! While I was grocery shopping I accidentally grabbed a box of creamed spinach instead of chopped spinach – honestly I think it made the dip that much better! I listed it as an option in the recipe below, but the regular chopped spinach would work well too. I served it with Wheat Thins and tortilla chips, but any cracker, chip or veggie you’d like would do.
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach or frozen creamed spinach, thawed and drained
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) finely shredded or grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Press the excess moisture from the spinach.
- Combine the artichokes, spinach, 1¼ cups of Parmesan cheese, 1¼ cups of Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the artichoke mixture into a 1½-quart baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheeses on top, and then sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla or pita chips, crackers or vegetables.
- Note: To make on the grill place artichoke mixture into a disposable pan, cover with foil and place on a medium heat grill for about 20 min or until cheese is melted and contents are hot.